Terms and Conditions
1. We invite Australian primary school children to create an artwork inspired by the theme, ‘Why do you love your brain?’ Artworks should be created by hand (using pencils, crayons, textas, or paint) and fit on A4 paper. Tracing of cartoons and pictures not drawn by the child is discouraged.
2. Attached to the back of the artwork and in clear print should be the:
- Student’s name
- Student’s age
- Student’s class
- Name of school
- School contact (name and email address of teacher or Principal).
Entries with illegible or missing information will not be considered.
3. To enter the competition send artwork to:
Brain Function CoE Art Competition
Monash Biomedical Imaging
770 Blackburn Road
Clayton, VIC 3800
Alternatively, email a high-resolution scanned copy (no photographs) with the subject line ‘Brain Function CoE Art Competition’ to: email@example.com
4. The closing date is 8 May 2020 (COB). Entries postmarked after this date will not be entered in the competition.
5. Entries will be judged in three categories:
- Category 1 – Foundation (Prep) and Year 1
- Category 2 – Years 2 – 4
- Category 3 – Years 5 – 6
A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize will be awarded within each category. Judging by designated staff and associates of the Brain Function CoE will be based on creativity of response to the theme and the overall design.
6. Prizes for each category will be as follows:
- The 1st Prize winner will receive a brain-related prize pack, including books and fun activity resources.
- The 1st Prize winner’s school will receive a brain-related resource pack and a $1000 voucher to purchase books or equipment for the school from Modern Teaching Aids.
- First place winning schools will receive a special school visit from one or two brain researchers to present the prizes and deliver an age-appropriate interactive educational lesson about the brain to the winner’s class.
- The 2nd Prize winner will receive a brain-related prize pack.
- The 2nd Prize winner’s school will receive a brain-related resource pack and a $500 voucher to purchase books or equipment for the school from Modern Teaching Aids.
- The 3rd Prize winner will receive a brain-related prize pack.
- The 3rd Prize winner’s school will receive a brain-related resource pack and a $250 voucher to purchase books or equipment for the school from Modern Teaching Aids.
Prizes will be mailed or delivered to the winners via an address provided by the parent or school.
There can only be one winner for each prize in each category. If there is a tie for a winning place, Brain Function CoE staff will judge the entries that have tied to determine which artwork will win that prize and category.
Students who are home schooled may enter the competition and are eligible to win the student prize, but cannot win the school prize.
7. Winners will be notified via the email address or phone number supplied by the school.
8. All artwork received will become the property of Brain Function CoE and may be used, along with the student’s first name, age and school, in future publications or promotional material.
9. Artwork will not be returned.
10. The competition is open only to primary school students currently residing in Australia. Artwork by immediate family of Brain Function CoE staff and researchers will not be eligible for a prize.