Amazing brains creative art competition
Show us why you think your brain is amazing by creating an artwork for our creative art competition. Your artwork must be inspired by the brain and fit on A4-size paper. You can use pens, pencils, crayons, textas or paint.
Who can enter?
Any child attending an Australian primary school can enter this competition. Students can enter individually or as part of a combined school effort. The competition is judged in three categories:
- Category 1 – Foundation (Prep) and Year 1
- Category 2 – Years 2, 3 and 4
- Category 3 – Years 5 and 6
Great prizes for students and schools
A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winner will be selected from each category by a panel of judges.
First, second and third place winning students from each category will receive a special brain science prize pack.
Each winner’s school will receive:
- a brain science resource pack
- a voucher to purchase teaching resources ($1000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd prize winners) from Modern Teaching Aids.
- first place winning schools will receive a special school visit from two young and enthusiastic brain researchers to present the prizes and deliver an age-appropriate interactive educational activity about the brain to the winner’s class.
How to enter
Post hard copies of artworks to:
Brain Function CoE Art Competition,
770 Blackburn Road
Clayton, VIC 3800
Or email high-resolution (no photographs) to: email@example.com
You must include the following on the back of each artwork in clear writing:
- Student’s name
- Student’s age
- Student’s class
- Name of school
- School contact (name and email address of teacher or Principal).
CLOSING DATE is COB 3 MAY 2019
This competition is part of Brain Awareness Week (11-17 March 2019), a global campaign to increase public awareness about brain research.
Download competition flyer
Feel free to download and circulate our 2019 art competition flyer.
View this competition on our Facebook page.
Brain science resources for primary schools
Brain Awareness Week
Brain Awareness Week Resources
Queensland Brain Institute brain posters
Queensland Brain Institute brain activity booklet
My Brain Robbie
Terms and Conditions
For more details about the competition, visit our full terms and conditions page.
For questions or more information about the competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org